A typical visit takes approximately 1 1/2 hours and includes a full history on baby and mother, weight and intake checks to determine milk transfer, observations and assistance with breastfeeding, and a thorough report filed with your health care provider with copy of care plan for you. Typically, this visit occurs in my North Raleigh home office and the fee is $150. Follow up phone calls or emails are included. A followup visit is $50 for approximately 45 minutes. For a consultation with twins, there is an additional $50 fee.
Appointments for a home visit can be made by calling 919-845-8826, or you can contact me via email. We are located in the North Raleigh, North Carolina area. Driving Directions.
Important reasons to seek help from a board certified lactation consultant:
- Basic breastfeeding education
- Support and encouragement
- Latch on difficulty
- Sleepy baby
- Do I need to pump? How do I pump?
- Is supplementation necessary?
- Sore nipples or engorgement
- Weight loss or slow weight gain
- Returning to work
- Low milk supply
- Medical conditions such as prematurity, Down's Syndrome
- Owner Triangle Lactation Consultants since 1999
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant 1996
- La Leche League Leader since 1984
- Breastfeeding educator
- Mother of six breastfed sons including twins!
- Attends most professional conferences and remains current in new practices and recommendations.
- Popular speaker at breastfeeding and professional conferences
Referrals from almost all area pediatric and obstetric practices including:
Wakemed Cary Medical Center
Western Wake Pediatrics
Babies R Us educator
In addition, all Medela and Ameda breastpumps available for rent or purchase at the lowest prices in the Triangle. Accessories, pump parts, and custom fitted nursing bras are also available.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 06 June, 2007.